Thursday, November 25, 2010

Welcome Abroad to Manzo's Ship(s)


I kinda mourn about my rare OTP shipping and Fandom base-ing...
It's hard to look for fanart. OTZ
But it feels thrilling and exciting once you find a really good one because it's extra rare. But still, how are you going to present yourself to fanartists outside when you have such... unrecognizable fandom/OTPs. It feels... alienated.

So let's start from a fandom with a good amount of people in it.


Axis Powers Hetalia
My favorites are DenmarkxNorway, NetherlandsxBelgium, and SwedenxFinland.
True. For DenmarkxNorway and SwedenxFinland, apparently enough good fanarts are made. Good doujins also but still, compared to USxUK or anything including Japan...
And NetherlandsxBelgium is like so rare and ignored (most of the time) and being an Indonesian shipping NetherlandsxBelgium, I think I'm the only one doing so. Why? FANGIRLS PREFER TO SHIP OUR OWN NATION-TAN WITH NETHERANDS (since Indonesia was colonized, young female fanartists tend to make Indonesia a girl and pair it with Netherlands). Not that is wrong or anything, I just feel somewhat... lonely? ;n;

Resident Evil
My OTP is probably BillyxRebecca. They have quite a good fanarts though. But not that much. And apparently I love the love between siblings from Chris and Claire. NO! I don't incest ship them (like I do in NetherlandsxBelgium loool), I just love the brother-sisterly-love, the warm family love thing, and it's pretty rare to look for (;^:)

Final Fantasy
Since my favorite is IX, so my OTP would be SteinerxBeatrix. And... Apparently I still lose with those who goes to either VII or X. So yeah... And on IX fandom itself... Steiner and Beatrix is loved but rarely have good fanarts--or fanarts of my preference.

CSI Fandom
I go to NY and yes, my OTP would be FlackxAngell. But there was a time where I ship FlackxAiden and... Oh God. I was thrown out by those with MacxStella and DannyxAiden. OTZ 
No, I love MacxStella, REALLY LOVE IT and I don't hate DannyxAiden and love if there's any "awww" friendship or sibling-like love fic. It's just being the minority of a ship that pass in the night.

Persona 4
Sooo.... Anyone ship AdachixIzanami here? I probably, like, one of the 5% P4 fans that ships em. Or perhaps less. And my second OTP is KanjixNaoto. I feel so... outnumbered with those with SoujixNaoto. And Indonesian fans prefer SoujixNaoto. And they asked me to draw more SoujixNaoto, I don't know what to say. OTZ 
Not that I hate it... I just don't feel comfortable shipping them together because the premise is... so cliched. Well, at east that's what I think. Perhaps the SoujixNaoto shipper thinks KanjixNaoto is also cliched and overrated :/ 
So yeah. It's basically just personal preferance.
Probably the closest to right thing I ship on P4 is SoujixYosuke.

Persona 3
I don't know about this one but since apparently AkihikoxGirl!MC and ShinjiroxGirl!MC are more popular in the fandom... I'm somewhere on the side where RyojixGirl!MC is the OTP... It's just Ryoji, MC. Girl or Boy. Their love is so fated yet complicated and sad.

Vocaloid
Everyone probably prefers KaitoxMiku. I prefer KaitoxMeiko. KaitoxMeiko is not that rare, yaaay! But still I feel like... being on the opposite side of the mainstream again orz. And I don't know, my Miku OTP, instead pairing her with any boys on the group, I OTP her with Luka instead. Not because of Magnet, I OTP them just as soon Luka is released. Luka is so oneesama and Miku is so neko-imouto-material. That's why.

Katekyou Hitman Reborn
Yes. Most likely, all pairings are yaoi. I don't mind that. I ENJOY that. But... Somehow. My heart OTPs MukuroxKuromu. I read the yaoi things about Reborn but, MukuroxKuromu squeezes my fangirl heart perfectly. And, I'm somewhere on the rarity.

Silent Hill
WHO SHIPS SANKAKU-SAMA WITH NURSE COME JOIN ME! \(・∀・)/
Yes. I ship Pyramid Head x Bubble Head Nurse. I don't care what you guys say... *creeps the hell out of people*

Avatar
I'm in the opposite side of ZuTaras. No. I'm not a KataAng. But a JetKo.

I don't know about Soul Calibur fandom's favorite OTP, but I SHIP AN OT3 HUR HUR HUR... And OT5 for Tekken.

And probably my Tenchu ship is quite "normal". It's... RikimaruxAyame themselves. I know Ayame is obviously with Tatsumaru, the fact that, I start shipping them after I finish playing the fourth... what was it... the one with Rin... Yes. Whatever it is... I start opposes the "law" again lol.

One of the saddest thing is OTPing a rare pair on a rare fandom.

Shadow Hearts
This game is so underrated, it only has a certain fanbase. The fanbase's OTP, of course, is the game's true alpha official couple, YurixAlice. So everyone who knows and plays Shadow Hearts probably prefer YurixAlice first. While... My OTP itself is Yuri's parents. Yes. Yuri's parents. It's like... I don't know... Weird? I mean, people will go "Why the hell are you OTPing Yuri's parents? Like for what?"
And that aside, any pairing includes Karin Koenig probably will go on this order; NicolaixKarin (which I really despise), YurixKarin (what the hell were you thinking shipping a mother with her son?--well incest is not banned on shipping so...), and then goes my JinpachiroxKarin in the end. So it's pretty... neglected despite the fact it's official.
And I prefer JohnnyxHilda to JohnnyxShania. JohnnyxShania is not weird. Johnny is actually 20 and he'll grow up sooner or later but... It's just... Dull. And mentally Shania is way too old for Johnny, further, an cold and insufferable tsundere. A cute violent tsundere like Hilda is much preferred to Johnny's naive and aloofness.

Dino Crisis
While people seem to ship either Rick or Gail with Regina, I ship DylanxRegina. I don't care Dylan will be married to (probably) another woman and have Paula, I love the tension, Regina's tsundere-ness, and the sad ending. For me, Rick and Gail seem like only using Regina to merge with their sides for their own purposes. They don't really show how a male teammate should act, at least in my opinion.

Batman Beyond
I know it sounds overrated but Terryxthatspadegirl is way more awesome than TerryxDana. TerryxDana is plain shallow. And boring. Though it's canon. It's just... plain.

Currently I find new ship to board~

Otome Youkai Zakuro
I'm watching this. It's so shoujo despite it's published on seinen magazine. Main ship will be AgemakixZakuro, but I prefer RikenxSusukihotaru. For reasons. And the show of course prefers AgemakixZakuro.

Arakawa Under the Bridge
Everyone loves RecruitxNino. Nino is cute. But my OTP is SisterxMaria. Very much tension and not to mention its S&M nature...

Everyone has their own preference and this is just mine. Maybe you're not into the pairs I ship. Maybe we have the same ship. But hey, fandoms are huuuge no matter how small they are. Different shipping is like meeting diverse people. It's interesting and you get to see a new point of view. Of course, a ship is very interesting to those who ship it. So let's just stop ship wars, it's overrated. It's even borderline racist. Just spread ship love. It feels better.

By the way... I don't really like EilaxSanya... Because Eila is supposed to be with Berwald. WHAT.

Followers

 

MiuMiu World of Manzo Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez