Friday, May 14, 2010

So I herd you liek girlbands...


So I went home.
It's a very fun first three days at home. I'm going to put blog for that too, but here goes the spotlight that kinda surprise me with local entertainment business.

So I went to get the sewing machine yesterday, along with Mom and Depe. Mom was driving and the radio was on. It was this local radio station that is quite going on with the young community. It's quite updated in the entertainment and everything especially local ones. So here goes this commercial about this new girlband and their song features like ringtones and everything. And Depe shouted;

Depe: "EUGH! G-STRING! Seriously! This group is total crap!"
Manzo: "Whaddya mean?"
Depe: "They are like this girlband, something like Mahadewi (another girlband) but far far worse. They dye they hair into total blond, wearing attires out of Asian norm, obviously selling only their bodies in some sort."
Manzo: "That bad?"
Depe: "Uh-huh, their song is entitled Honey Bunny. I think this is *song playing on radio* Once I caught a glimpse of em life on TV and they were wearing bras, too-short knickers and fishnet tights."
*Manzo and her Mom went with shudders*

So I really wanna know what this band is really like (perhaps due to my cheesiness alert), and it's cheesiness... Well I don't know. I feel like seeing something I shouldn't see.


Behold G-String. They changed the name into 'String' anyway. Well, duh. 'G-String' certainly isn't a nice image for a woman to go with, mainly in Asian culture. It's like blatantly saying "Sale in low price". The thing is they didn't go with the name in creative or artsy breakthrough purposes, but only a "sexy", "seductive", and "naughty" image of the whole product.

People say their physical appearance, or particularly face, is somewhat of a trash. I think that is too extreme. Indonesian women are beautiful and very much alluring to look at, including these girls. There are so many Indonesian female entertainers that actually is beautiful but they just throw away they true Asian nature and go with a more skanky styles which makes their image turn trashy.

And I looked for the music video of their single...



Hooo boy... What was the first flowery thing that goes on the opening? They seriously need to work out on CG. Really. Many Indonesian digital artists can do better than that. We have soooo many crafty hands! Why not use em!?

And the dance. The frikkin dance. That is a dance that you learn only for a month. Seriously. I studied the history of dance and now understand that it took intensive training more than just a few months or week to get the dance perfect and look natural. Why don't they put seriousness if they are really making a girlband?

I'd say that the vocal just as bad as the dance. I study vocal since elementary to get to this and STILL NEED IMPROVEMENTS. I don't think they have study vocal that long. They totally need improvement.

And the music. Even nobody like me can do a better midi. And I don't even wanna give comment to the lyrics.

The trashy image just ruin everything to the boot. How many more Indonesian woman are you going to sell with "naughty" image and inappropriate manner? We've been through this Julia Perez, Dewi Persik, all these women that seemingly forget the true beauty of Indonesian woman in general. I don't remember any of these woman showing up in the 80s or 90s in Indonesian entertainment. All of them are appropriate, enjoyable without crossing the border, good voice, musical training, and everything. Or is this country is just bored with those goody-goody girl next door and want some exposure? A little bit too much of the exposure.

Many people protest that they just try to impose Korea's SNSD, Wonder Girls, or any Korean girlband in general but turn to an epic fail. Well yeah, that is quite true. The fail noted to the fact that Korean girlbands
do the intensive training of vocals and dances, and manage to create a style that is beautiful, sexy, and alluring without crossing the Asian norms or any particular Eastern politeness. So yeah. Epic Fail.

For any other Indonesians that enjoy these kind of stuff. Really. It's time to open your eyes and ears a little bit. Open your mind. I can go a whole blog talking about how Indonesian people are, so, mind me a little bit to consider your trashy preference and realize that this kind of thing doesn't give you any improvement except perhaps (I will just go straight) only giving you a boner.
Yeah, enough for this hateblog. But really. I just had enough with these for a couple of years so... Why don't we move to a better stage?

Followers

 

MiuMiu World of Manzo Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez