Tuesday, May 11, 2010

If You Can't Sleep then goes She & Him


I can't sleep.

Not that matter but I have to catch a first plane and I can't sleep. Which meaaans; I'd better stay awake until 6. O___O

But anyways, I think I'm so in love with Zooey Deschanel now. No, no, not that way. More like fangirling against her since she waves a good enjoyable music. Her voice is nice too. She sings well live, play, and compose too. So I think I will blab about my new song collection right now.

Yes, it's Deschanel's She and Him, her duo with M. Ward. The songs are so moe I hurriedly download the album. They also released the second album recently so yeah! Volume one and volume two~

Morbidly cute. I think I'm dying from it too...


I'm just going to "Omg, so cute!" this album. Really. The thing this isn't just cute "cute". But simply well made on every song. The arrangements for the songs are really nice. They have this 60s rock style to it, kind of old, innocent, but really really easy listening and can make you smile. A perfect patch to accompany you drive in the neighborhood on the afternoon, just like I'm planning to while going for a drive through or shopping for groceries and craft kits.

The thing that really adds to the style is Deschanel's way of writing lyrics and her simplistic jazzy voice. The voice isn't that "whoa", but is nice and natural. Perfect for the songs~ XD Apparently she does the chorus herself too, which is cute~

So for some song reccomendations...

I seriously have no idea orz. I can't pick. It's just too enjoyable... Okay. Let me try...

So for Volume One....

I'm instantly in love with their cover of The Beatles' I Should've Known Better. They changed it into a hawaiian style. UGH SO MOE.

Their Why Do You Let Me Stay Here? is of course mentionable too. Since I also put the video. The arrangements is just perfect and show how well the music is made.

And perhaps the jazzy character from Take it Back. Since most of the songs in the album goes for the 60 rock and rock style, this one one has old jazzy melody.



And for Volume Two...

Thieves reminds me straight to a good karaoke night with family... Most songs on the album does actually, but since this is the first track so it kinda sticks.

They have two covers on the album. But I think I will pick Ridin' in My Car. They do a duet and the song sounds even more vintage than the original.

Home has a really great arrangement. I really love the one that has a cute arrangement because that what makes a simplest song sounds powerful.



And like the album covers!!! XD
It's so cute, so simple, something like Bee would make. Really. It's something that attach me into innocence and friendliness looking at the cover.

People say that Deschanel is somewhat of Katy Perry's twin... Either their voice, their appearance and everything but I'd say Deschanel has this childish, innocent, sugary old school image while Perry is having a more mature, sexy, and artsy image. At least that's what I think. Oh, and Deschanel is more of jazzy while Perry is rock.

And now, since I can't sleep, I'm enjoying myself on their If You Can't Sleep... -,-

Followers

 

MiuMiu World of Manzo Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez